Whether your purpose is to convince people to purchase your products, explain a difficult concept or present research findings, ultimately you are trying to get people to buy into your message. If this is not one of your main goals... what exactly is the point of your presentation?
To wrap up this topic for now, I am providing some of the web sites that helped me out a lot.
My top sites for advice on presentations are:
- Presentation Zen - Probably the best blog on presentations that I have seen.
- Garr Reynolds - Garr Reynolds is the author for Presentation Zen. His personal website also offers great advice on presentations. This article is especially good.
- Guy Kawasaki's blog Let the Good Times Roll
- Sociable media - Beyond Bullets
- SympleByte - 8 mistakes when creating PowerPoint Presentations
- MIS - Present tense
- Babson Business Review - 10 Commandments for Powerpoint Presentations
On an aside, thanks to Scott at Tyner Blain for mentioning my last post on his blog posting Top 5 presentation tips. Tyner Blain is an excellent place for information on software development and requirements. I encourage anyone interested in those subjects to check it out.